[quote]Christophe Bourbier, Président de Limonetik[/quote]
Money 20/20 is the leading event for innovations in money industry. It took place from the 2nd to 6th November in Las Vegas (USA). 7000 members of the financial technology and services industries attended. No fewer than 2500 companies and 60 countries were represented. Here we round up the big announcements made at the show.
Money 20/20 offers a unique, macroscopic vision of the alternative means with which consumers and businesses manage, spend and borrow money.
For many speakers, there is an industry-wide problem: the harsh reality is that most financial institutions have lost control of their digital customers. The industry needs to stop compounding old issues and look at services such as money movement from a fresh and simple perspective. The session “Building Bridges from Crypto to Legacy Financial Systems” focused on how the Bitcoin industry could become more interconnected with the broader financial ecosystem.
Many new developments were announced during conferences:
- AGNITiO Voice Biometrics: Voice biometrics company AGNITiO was present to demonstrate its FIDO-Ready Voice iD solution for secure digital transactions and fraud prevention.
- EyeVerify releases EyePrint ID v2.0: EyeVerify Inc. released EyePrint ID v2.0, the second version of the firm’s patented technology that eliminates the need to use passwords on mobile devices.
- Digimarc Mobile Payment SDK: Digimarc Corporation demonstrated its new mobile payment SDK (Software Development Kit) for securely exchanging payment information between retailers and shoppers for fast, reliable and secure checkout using mobile devices.
- Peer-to-Peer Mobile Payment Service Tip.ly Launches: A payment service called Tip.ly officially launched at the 2014 Money 20/20 conference. In an era where it is becoming less common to carry cash, Tip.ly allows people to leave tips using their mobile phones without the exchange of any personal information, such as phone numbers, email addresses or credit cards.
- NuData Subconscious Behavioral Analysis for Online Fraud Prevention: NuData Security, which specializes in online fraud prediction and prevention, showcased the psychological principles behind its online fraud detection solution, NuDetect.
- Bionym testing payments using Nymi: Bionym, the company behind the Nymi Band authentication wristband, is preparing to test heartbeat-authenticated payments in Canada before the end of the year.
The first ever Money 20/20 Hackathon was a trio of bitcoin developers. More than 450 developers, designers and entrepreneurs completed over 100 projects during the 24-hour competition. PayperLess won $20,000 and the opportunity to participate in Launchpad360, a showcase presented to a large group of investors, media and other payment industry participants. Aldo Briano, Veronica Borges and Eduardo Medina developed an API that enables consumers to pay local merchants using bitcoin, without any changes to existing infrastructure and business processes.
We will develop the topic of Market Places international issues in a next article!